As Quality Manager you will be a key member of the site Quality & Technical team and applicants should ideally be food science / applied science graduates with experience in a food quality environment. Post holders must be IT literate and possess a valid driving licence.
Reporting to the Technical Manager, the Quality Manager is responsible for ensuring all products and services meet customer requirements by the implementation and maintenance of the company systems and procedures and by ensuring products are appropriately tested prior to dispatch.
Activities should be carried out whilst maintaining safety, environmental, food safety and quality standards.
Responsibilities of the Quality Manager include:
- Coordinate the development of and maintain the company’s business systems including HACCP, Quality, Safety and environmental procedures.
- Host customer and 3rd party audits and then coordinate follow up action to meet requirements.
- Ensure methods of analysis are up to date and referenced to industry standards.
- Ensure all process technicians are trained in performing analysis and standardisation across process technicians is achieved.
- Coordinate action for in process and finished product non conformance’s, manage follow up of incidents and handle customer complaints in an effective way.
- Ensure all safety procedures are adhered to and be involved in improving and developing procedures, carry out risk assessments and safety inspections. Ensure that all environmental objectives are met and work with others to minimise the impact that the operation has on the environment.
- Ensure all food safety and Quality requirements are met. Work with others to continually improve the Food Safety and Quality systems including completion of internal audits and plant inspections.
- Work with the Production and Engineering Manager to support the Production and Reliability Technicians. This includes managing their performance, training, coaching and developing the team.
Requirements for Quality Manager include:
- Previous experience working in similar role within Food manufacturing/ Food ingredientsFirsthand experience of conducting quality and food safety audits.
- Familiar with BRC audit requirements
- Trained in HACCP procedures with experience of conducting HACCP audits.
- Been actively involved in BRC audits
- Recognised HACCP qualification.
- Experience of carrying out risk assessmentWorking knowledge of COSHH legislation
- Writing and maintaining technical manuals.
- General record keeping
- Complaints handling
This is an exciting opportunity to join a growing business with opportunity for structured career progression. To apply, send your CV via email to firstname.lastname@example.org