We’re currently looking for two Quality Assistants to join the team. If you’re passionate about high quality food and understand what is required to achieve this, we want to hear from you.
Ideally, we are looking for someone who has food safety and quality knowledge, either through previous QA experience in a cook-chill environment and / or a food related education. Working knowledge of HACCP, BRC and GMP would be a real advantage. Suitable candidates will be organised, good team players and have the ability to communicate well in addition to being an individual who always strives for perfection
We’re still a small, tight-knit team and you will report to the QA Manager. If you are looking for a QA opportunity within Laila’s and pride yourself on making sure the customers get the best quality product, this could well be the role for you.
Things you will need to do:
- Audit the site procedures and products including CCP documentation, composition checks, weight control, glass, GMP and hygiene.
- Report non-conformances and assist others in finding ways to prevent reoccurrence.
- Auditing of raw materials to ensure they meet quality standards and raising supplier non-conformances when necessary.
- Routine verification of scales and temperature probes.
- Product sampling for nutrition and micro.
- Environmental micro and allergen swabbing.
- Generating new labels for our products in line with specifications.
- Conduct traceability challenges, ensuring all documentation is accounted for.
- Carry out Quality management system audits in line with BRC requirements.
- Support the technical team in achieving necessary standards for BRC.
Both positions are full time, following the shift pattern below:
Day Shift – A rotating day shift of 07:00-15:00 (6 days) one week followed by 15:00 – finish (5 days) the following week.
Recruitment Manager: David Beaver – email@example.com