Shifts – One Week Monday – Saturday 7am to 3pm,
One Week Monday – Friday 3pm to Finish
Laila’s Fine Foods is looking for a Quality Assistant, a key member of the site Quality & Technical team who are responsible for ensuring the quality of our food.
Applicants should have an interest in food science or have experience in a food quality environment.
Responsibilities – Assist the Quality and Technical Manager to achieve the following
- Identify, agree, implement and manage the quality system & objectives for site / operation.
- Ensure that products produced on site meet all quality criteria, i.e. in spec, labelling, visual presentation, weight, temperature control and food safety
- Ensure that the quality systems operate effectively in order to
- Satisfy customers, that we meet all their requirements
- Ensure good standards of Housekeeping & hygiene are continuously maintained on site in line with GMP
- Liaise with customer technical representatives and co-ordinate site visits
- Liaise with regulatory authorities in connection with Food Safety Issues
- Implement appropriate trend analysis and other statistical and factual reporting to support quality improvement
- Maintain an internal auditing system that will satisfy the changing requirements of our customers in a cost-effective manner
- Maintain site HACCP programme
- Track trends on quality performance, customer complaints, defects, non-conformances and take appropriate corrective action. Investigate and resolve customer complaints and reduce level of site complaints
- Ensure compliance with customer codes of practice, legislation and third-party standards such as BRC, ISO 9000 etc
- Develop and implement all specifications for raw materials, processing parameters and final product. Monitor incoming materials for conformance to specification.
- Contribute to NPD projects as appropriate
- Contribute to the group technical function as appropriate
- To provide cover for the Quality & Technical Manager in their absence from site.
- Other reasonable duties as required.
If you have a passion for product quality and are looking for a job with career progression prospects in a fast paced environment, apply now by sending your CV via email to email@example.com