Laila’s Fine Foods are a successful, family run manufacturer of chilled and frozen ready meals for the UK retail and foodservice sectors. We are a well established family run business that is committed to ‘Manufacturing Excellence’. Working through both innovation and investment, our product range can be found in leading UK supermarkets and foodservice businesses. This is an exciting opportunity for a Quality Assistant to work for a high profile and progressive manufacturer with excellent opportunities for career development and expansion.
The Successful candidate will be primarily responsible supporting the Quality Manager and Technical Compliance Manager at our manufacturing site in Bispham, Lancashire. If you’re passionate about high quality food and understand what is required to achieve this, we want to hear from you.
Duties and Responsibilities
- Auditing – GMP, Hygiene and Internal Systems
- Calibration and Titration testing and maintenance of records
- Monitoring of process control paperwork and factory documentation
- Ensure that systems and procedures are adhered to
- udit the site procedures and products including CCP documentation, composition checks, weight control, glass, GMP and hygiene.
- Report non-conformances and assist others in finding ways to prevent reoccurrence.Auditing of raw materials to ensure they meet quality standards and raising supplier non-conformances when necessary.
- Routine verification of scales and temperature probes.
- Product sampling for nutrition and micro.
- Environmental micro and allergen swabbing.
- Conduct traceability challenges, ensuring all documentation is accounted for.
- Carry out Quality management system audits in line with BRC requirements.
- Support the technical team in achieving necessary standards for BRC.
- May be called on to perform other activities or fulfil assignments in other areas as required.
- It is essential that the successful candidate have experience of working in the food manufacturing industry. Food Safety level 2 certification is required.
Good inter-personal and communication skills are a necessity, as is meticulous attention to detail. Must be able to work independently and make decisions and be able to deal with multiple tasks simultaneously to meet daily job requirements. The ideal candidate will have exceptional organisational skills, a natural can-do attitude and great attention to detail.
We’re still a small, tight-knit team and you will report to the QA Manager.
If you are looking for a QA opportunity within a fast-growing branded business that prides itself on being different, this could well be the role for you.
If you think this is for you and want to join us on our incredible journey then please get in touch, please email your CV to email@example.com or call us on 01253-594342.