Laila’s Fine Foods are a successful, family run manufacturer of chilled and frozen ready meals for the UK retail and foodservice sectors. We are a well established family run business that is committed to ‘Manufacturing Excellence’. Working through both innovation and investment, our product range can be found in leading UK supermarkets and foodservice businesses. This is an exciting opportunity for an NPD Technologist to work for a high profile and progressive manufacturer with excellent opportunities for career development and expansion.
The Successful candidate will be primarily responsible supporting the NPD Director and Development Chefs at our manufacturing site in Bispham, Lancashire. The role comprises briefly the following responsibilities:
In this role, you will be responsible for supporting the development & process team, juggling multiple projects to bring new products to life!
You will be absolute foodie through and through and will be dealing with leading UK retailers so must have a passion for food and food trends
The successful candidate will need to be able to work in a fast paced environment, managing multiple tasks, and working to strict deadlines.
- Work with NPD Chefs and customers to ensure that all new product launches are delivered successfully on time
- Complete and manage customer specification data bases
- Assist with product label sign off process
- To develop and assist the Purchasing Director to maintain systems for monitoring the quality of raw material and packaging material intake, ensuring quality standards and specifications are maintained
- Working with the Purchasing Director and NPD Director to review raw material approval systems and ensure that all raw materials used are fully approved and sourced from approved suppliers
- Supporting the NPD Director with category GAP Analysis and benchmarking
- Conducting daily taste panels to ensure product quality is maintained at a high level.
The ideal candidate will have a demonstrable passion and knowledge of food and would ideally be a recent graduate in a food related degree. The successful candidate will be prepared to work in a very much “hands on” capacity.
If you feel you have the skills and attributes required for this position along with a genuine passion for food and the desire to make a difference in a rapidly growing business this is the role for you.
The position offers a highly competitive salary and benefits package including pension together with genuine scope for personal development and progression within a large, fast moving organisation.
FOR MORE INFORMATION – Call 01253 594342
Call into to see us for an application form at 91 Moor Park Ave, Bispham, FY2 0LZ
If you think this sounds like you, then fill in the form below or email your CV to email@example.com as we’d love to hear from you!