Laila’s Fine Foods are an award-winning, independently-owned, chilled and frozen ready meals manufacturing business based in Lancashire.
You will provide a comprehensive and professional HR support service to the site and its management team, supporting the HR Manager at this extremely busy site on all things HR related;
- Supporting the HR Manager and Site management team with recruitment, people issues and general employment requests.
- Management of site occupational health schedules, including organisation of physio provision and counselling referrals.
- Maintaining all manual & electronic personal files, ensuring items are archived as required in line with data protection requirements.
- Maintaining and updating HR policy and procedure documentation.
- Conducting Employee inductions and Exit interviews.
- Dealing with day to day employee HR related queries ie: pensions, maternity, Flexible working, parental leave etc.
- Assisting management team with absence management process.
- Assisting the HR Manager with the development & organisation of site Health & wellbeing plan.
- Assisting the HR Manager with communications through newsletters, briefings and project communication documents as required.
- Supporting HR Manager with employee engagement activities.
- Assisting UK HR team with HR projects.
Required Skills, Experience & Knowledge
- It is important that the successful HR Officer is extremely passionate and full of enthusiasm, with a driven and proactive approach with lots of initiative, someone who that will go out of their way to get to know the employees, and have the confidence and strong communication skills to influence and challenge but challenge with tact and diplomacy.
- You will need to have HR experience gained from within a fast paced environment (ideally food/beverage manufacturing)
- Ideally be CIPD qualified to Level 5 or qualified by experience (desirable, not essential)
- Strong IT skills including Time and Attendance, HR Databases, Microsoft Office skills, especially within Excel and ideally have experience of HR SAP.
This role is based onsite at our factory in Bispham, Lancashire and is a permanent contract of 45 hours per week.
To apply please send your CV to us on the email address email@example.com