Laila’s Fine Foods are an award-winning, independently-owned, chilled and frozen ready meals manufacturing business based in Lancashire.
We are currently looking to recruit a Goods In Quality Assistant to ensure that the quality of raw materials delivered to our warehouse to ensure they meet the company’s quality standards. This position is for a detail oriented QA who will be responsible for the development and implementation of inspection activities, the detection and resolution of problems, and the delivery of satisfactory outcomes. Day to day aspects of the role include:
- Check quality of incoming raw materials
- Keep raw material specifications up to date
- Accept raw materials in specification
- Reject raw materials out of specification
- Raise supplier non conformances for out of specification raw material
- Communicate issues to Quality Manager, Directors and Suppliers
- Keep the supplier non conformance database is kept up to date
- Ensure supplier non conformances are closed out in a timely manner
- Check stock sheets and physical product for fresh meat, vegetables, milk and cream etc. twice daily. A/M and P.M.
- Inform management if materials are going out of date
- Raise authorisations where required
- Put products on hold when required
- Raise internal non conformances as required
- Auditing to include: GMP, Glass, Hygiene and Fabrication audits
- Keep supplier approvals up to date
- Any other tasks as required by the business
Required Skills, Experience & Knowledge
It is important that the successful Goods In QA is extremely passionate and full of enthusiasm, with a driven and proactive approach with lots of initiative, someone who that will go out of their way to get to know the employees, and have the confidence and strong communication skills to influence and challenge but challenge with tact and diplomacy. You will need to have QA experience gained from within a fast paced environment (ideally food/beverage manufacturing). Ideally be HACCP qualified to Level 3. Strong IT skills including profisience in MS Excel are desireable.
This role is based onsite at our factory in Bispham, Lancashire and is a permanent contract of 45 hours per week.
To apply please send your CV to email@example.com or fill in the contact form below.