Laila’s Fine Foods are an award-winning, independently-owned, chilled and frozen ready meals manufacturing business based in Lancashire.
Our business has experienced exceptional growth achieved through a commitment to developing innovative products and processes focused on consumer needs. We are now seeking to recruit a Technical Manager to our site in the North West in order to manage the technical function and play a critical role in the delivery of the technical strategy.
- To provide direction and support to the Technical department, managing and facilitating staff performance and development and ensuring the departmental structure and skills are developed to meet changing business requirements.
- Effectively manage communication on all Technical matters with customers, both internal and external, and suppliers to develop relationships and ensure that their technical opinion is considered and respected.
- To ensure that all audits are carried out and corrective actions put in place to ensure technical integrity and standards are maintained at all times.
- To ensure that appropriate controls are in place to deliver food safety, legality and customer technical requirements. Ensuring relevant standards, HACCP based as appropriate, are communicated, understood and applied to meet Food Safety, Quality and Legality and customer specified requirements.
- Alert line managers to any technical issues, which may impact on their ability to carry out their duties.
- Adhere to the spirit as well as the letter of the Company’s policies, particularly with regard to maintaining confidentiality at all times.
This opportunity will suit a proven Technical Manager with a wealth of technical experience gained from a similar role in the chilled or frozen food manufacturing sector. You’ll have worked with the UK major multiples, and will have experience of managing HACCP and BRC standards along with a successful track record of delivering product excellence.
You will also have demonstrated the ability to lead a team, using fantastic communication and interpersonal skills to drive continuous improvement initiatives. Good organisation and project management skills are a must in order to succeed in this role, and a high level of computer literacy is also essential.
How to Apply
If this really sounds like you and you want be considered for the Technical Manager job, please fill in the form below or send your CV for consideration to firstname.lastname@example.org