Laila’s Fine Foods are a family owned and operated business with a reputation for supplying high quality chilled and frozen ready meals to major retails and the foodservice sector. An opportunity is available for an individual to join the business as a Shift Manager to play a pivotal role in the continued growth and expansion of the company.
Your role will cover some key areas which you will be responsible for:
- Health, Safety & Welfare of all colleagues and the working environment
- Food Safety & legality whereby you will be responsible for maintaining the integrity and safety of all products
- Ensure the quality of all products are of the highest standards possible
- Support your entire team to ensure they have a clear understanding of the expectations of their role in the business and carry out their daily tasks accordingly
- Good quality communications at the right time will ensure the proximity of all the people within the business and make certain we are all pulling together in the right direction
- You must ensure the production plan is adhered to and the targets are met first time
We are looking for an excellent people manager, with sound knowledge of H&S, GMP and Lean Manufacturing techniques who can lead the way to a better tomorrow.
You must have previous food industry experience in an equivalent position with a high level of management. It is also essential that you have a degree or HND in a related subject, with a full awareness of food hygiene, HACCP and health and safety. You must be confident at managing teams of individuals and coaching, a great communicator and an ability to ensure all KPI’s are met and the business strategy is adhered to.