Laila’s Fine Foods are a successful, family run manufacturer of chilled and frozen ready meals for the UK retail and foodservice sectors. Committed to ‘Manufacturing Excellence’ and working through both innovation and investment, our product range is second to none and instantly recognisable. Business potential is excellent and the company has entered a period of cultural change that has facilitated the need for this position. This is an exciting opportunity to work for a high profile and progressive manufacturer with excellent opportunities for career development and expansion.
Having recently spent over £7m on a state of the art factory extension that has taken our production from 40 tonnes to 60 tonnes per day we are looking to add a Quality Manager to our high-risk processing operation – strong administration and interpersonal skills essential.
As Quality Manager, you will assist the Technical Manager to ensure the BRC standard, legislation and customer requirements are met and maintained at all times.
You will maintain the Quality Management System, ensuring trends are identified, reports and corrective action implemented. You will also work on continuous improvement projects within the business.
As Quality Manager you will also be required to deputise for the Technical Manager in their absence, when the role can become customer facing with the need to make important decisions independently. You will also have an active role in customer and third party audits.
The ideal candidate will have the following attributes:
- Qualified to HNC, or equivalent within a food/science related subject
- Experience of working within a technical/quality auditing function within the food manufacturing industry
- Previous experience of direct retailer contact is essential
- Previous experience of Quality Management Systems, internal audits, product label approval, specification and technical documentation generation, environmental hygiene and microbiological standards
- Knowledge of HACCP, Intermediate Food Hygiene and Microbiology is preferable
- Excellent administration skills
- Ability to prioritise tasks, effective planner, attention to detail and articulate manner
- Ability to communicate at all levels
- Assertive in leadership skills
- Computer literate – MS Office, database experience advantageous