We’re currently looking for a QA Assistant to join the team at our factory in Bispham, Lancashire. If you’re passionate about high quality food and understand what is required to achieve this, we want to hear from you.
We are looking for someone who has food safety and quality knowledge, either through previous QA experience in a cook-chill environment and / or a food related education. Working knowledge of HACCP, BRC and GMP would be a real advantage. Suitable candidates will be organised, good team players and have the ability to communicate well in addition to being an individual who always strives for perfection. This job would be ideal for a new graduate looking to develop a career in the food industry.
We’re still a small, tight-knit team and you will report to the QA Manager. If you are looking for a QA opportunity within a fast-growing branded business that prides itself on being different, this could well be the role for you.
About Laila’s Fine Foods
Laila’s Fine Foods are a family owned food manufacturer who supply own label products directly to both retail and food service customers, and are currently going through a period of growth. We are currently investing heavily in the business and now require an additional Quality Assurance Assistant with experience in the food industry.
Things you will need to do:
- Audit the site procedures and products including CCP documentation, composition checks, weight control, glass, GMP and hygiene.
- Report non-conformances and assist others in finding ways to prevent reoccurrence.
- Auditing of raw materials to ensure they meet quality standards and raising supplier non-conformances when necessary.
- Routine verification of scales and temperature probes.
- Product sampling for nutrition and micro.
- Environmental micro and allergen swabbing.
- Generating new labels for our products in line with specifications.
- Conduct traceability challenges, ensuring all documentation is accounted for.
- Carry out Quality management system audits in line with BRC requirements.
- Support the technical team in achieving necessary standards for BRC.
- A competitive salary
- Pension options
- Staff discount on bulk buys and meals
- Chance to get involved with all of our charitable activity
- Invite to the annual staff awards, parties and curry and jeans days
- Continuous training and support, giving you the opportunity to grow within the world of ready meals
If you think this is for you and want to join us on our incredible journey then please get in touch, please email your CV as well as a covering letter.
Job Type: Full-time