Are you working in the Food Manufacturing industry and looking for a step up? Laila’s Fine Foods, a leading independent Food Manufacturer are looking for someone with previous leadership experience to join their team as a High Care Supervisor.
This is a fast-paced site, manufacturing chilled and frozen ready meals for some of the UK’s leading supermarkets and foodservice businesses. You will have the opportunity to develop your skills in a site that is well invested and has a long-standing reputation in the food industry. Long-term there are opportunities to progress within this site for the right candidate.
In this role you will be managing a team within the high care part of the site ensuring your team works safely to achieve the production plan in line with product quality standards. Reporting to the Production Manager your areas of responsibility will include:
- Manufacturing chilled and frozen ready meals ensuring your team works safely at all times.
- Training and development of team members.
- Ensuring the highest standards of hygiene and good housekeeping are maintained throughout production in your area (GMP – Good Manufacturing Practices).
- Directing colleagues to follow Standard Operating Procedures.
- Resolving issues quickly in line with food industry standards.
- Working to KPI’s.
- Ensuring the highest quality and food safety standards are embedded throughout production on your shift.
- Promoting and maintaining an “audit ready” standard of hygiene and GMP within your area
As a Production Supervisor you will be a role model for your team, always delivering the very highest standards and working with openness, honesty and integrity.You will need to utilise your leadership and people management skills to influence your team and make sure you communicate well with your team and superiors.
Knowledge of working in a fast-paced factory environment, ideally food, is essential. Training to Level 2 Food Safety Manufacturing will be provided if you have not yet achieved this.
The ideal candidate will:
- Have at least 2 year’s experience working in a supervisor or team leader role
- Have a good understanding of HACCP.
- Have worked with high care food products
- Be flexible and adaptable to adhere to company needs
If you are interested in hearing more about this fantastic career opportunity then please send a copy of your CV via the Apply Now link.