Laila’s Fine Foods is currently seeking a Night Shift Production Managers to join the team on a permanent basis.
As an independent food manufacturing business with award winning products, renown in the market place, we are a progressive and successful business and a great place to be a part of! With new production facility and another due to open this January, this role will give you exposure to all aspects of shift management and open doors to career progression within the business. Due to continued success we are currently recruiting for a Night Shift Production Manager to join our business
Reporting to the Operations Manager and leading a team on shift; the successful Shift Manager will ideally have previous experience of a FMCG Food and Drink Manufacturing facility with strong people management skills.
You will be an experienced Production Shift Manager with a ‘Hands On` experience in a High Speed food Manufacturing environment, who knows what ‘Good` looks like. Experience of a highly automated site and experience of Continuous Improvement / Lean is highly desirable.
Responsibilities of the Night Shift Production Manager include:
– Fully accountable for staff on shift, for the whole of production
– Manage people performance issues fairly and objectively, by promoting awareness of company people policies.
– Management of people resource, carry out training needs analysis to maintain a fully trained and flexible team to meet the production requirements.
– Develop and maintain skills matrix that ensures that progressive succession planning is maintained.
– Review current processes, SOP & KPI`s to ensure continuous improvement is applied across all areas of the business
– To work with all site functions to ensure that site KPI targets are achieved through the monthly provision of KPI reports.
– Ensure that standards are maintained to the highest level at all times.
– Ensure that all company and legislative health and safety regulations are maintained at all times, with responsibility for leading accident investigations, driving health and safety awareness and striving to continuously improve site safety performance.
– Follow correct procedures for the separation and disposal of waste, promote through effective communication the environmental and cost implications of good waste management ethics.
– Continuously monitor wastage levels throughout the production process, taking immediate action to minimise.
– To ensure that first time quality is a priority of all team members through effective management of process control methods and HACCP systems adherence to result in zero defects.
– Manage all resources including people and raw materials to meet site cost targets and contribute towards the budgetary needs and goals of the business and ensure team targets are aligned to the businesses
Applications by CV submission only.
Job Type: Full-time
Salary: £40,000.00 /year