Laila’s Fine Foods are a successful, family run manufacturer of chilled and frozen ready meals for the UK retail and foodservice sectors. Having recently spent over £7m on a state of the art factory extension that has taken our production from 40 tonnes to 60 tonnes per day we are looking to add a first class kitchen operative/chef to our high risk processing operation – strong people management and KPI skills essential.
To prepare and cook products in accordance with product specification to Food Safety Standards and to ensure the consistency and quality of products are maintained at all times. Ensure the working area is maintained to the highest hygiene standards during production time
- Ensure that all products are cooked in order with the production plan. Report any anomalies to the Kitchen Supervisor.
- Ensure all products are cooked in accordance with Product Specifications. Report any anomalies or sub standard products to the Kitchen Supervisor.
- Ensure Critical Control Points are strictly adhered to at all times including cooking temperatures, chill storage, transfer temperatures.
- Ensure all Company documentation is correctly completed including Product Passports, Preparation to Kitchen Transfer Sheets and Transfer to Pen sheets.
- Ensure the correct amounts (Kg) of products are cooked at all times.
- Maximise cooking area to promote production efficiency ensuring burners are utilised to the maximum during production hours.
- Report any production issues in a timely manner to the Kitchen Supervisor
- Carry out any other reasonable business request as and when instructed to do so.
- Ensure that all products are cooked to the highest standards at all times.
- Ensure all work carried out in accordance with Operating Procedures.
- Ensure the Kitchen area is operated in accordance with Health and Safety requirements. Maintain a safe working environment at all times.
- Carry out any reasonable business instruction that would be expected of a person carrying the role, this may include duties in the preparation area and Pot Wash areas.
- Ensure the Kitchen areas are maintained and cleaned to the highest level of Hygiene standards.
- Report any mechanical breakdowns immediately to the Shift Manager and Engineering Department
- Previous experience of working in a commercial kitchen is desirable.
- A passion for quality food and desire to succeed is a must!
JOB BENEFITSWe are looking for motivated, talented individuals to join our team in a period of growth. Recently voted Food Manufacturer of the Year by business Insider’s Manufacturing Awards, Number 8 in the Grocer’s fast 50 and listed in the Investec Top 100 mid market growing companies, FTSE Top 1000 European companies for growth and listed in the London Stock Exchange Top 1000 growing companies this is an opportunity with unrivalled personal development and progression potential.