To ensure the integrity of ALL stock records are maintained in the Despatch Department (i.e. Finished Goods and Packaging) and any external 3PL warehouses used, through the processes of perpetual and certified counting.
Laila’s Fine Foods is a progressive, independently-owned, ready meal manufacturing business. Supplying both major retailers and food service organistations in the UK and Europe. Ours is a family business, professionally run by an experienced and well organised management team who have grown the business significantly over the last few years.
We are looking for someone to take control of stocks of finished products with scope to include overall responsibility for raw material stocks as the role develops within our modern, purpose built, food manufacturing facility.
DUTIES & RESPONSIBILITIES
- To control all the stocks, finished goods and factored in goods through effective management of the warehouses and stocks within.
- To plan effectively to ensure a constant supply of finished manufactured goods and factored in goods through a self-produced and published packaging plan and materials delivery plan to meet the requirements of the sales and production plan for the business.
- To ensure that the recording of stock is done accurately and systematically through systems appropriate to the product type.
- Ensure proper updating of goods from outside contractors through the production and application of Pallet Identification Labels (PIDs).
- The co-ordination and execution of a Perpetual Inventory counting process that satisfies both the internal and external auditors of the business for finished goods and packaging stocks.
Close liaison and exchange with:
- General Manager of Logistics Operator
- Laila’s Factory and Operations Management
- Despatch Manager
- Demand Planning
To co-ordinate and arrange with third party suppliers the movement of stock to and from their premises for the benefit of pre-retail activity.
To highlight to senior management integrity of stock that may be jeopardised because of an individual or process.
In which parts of the business does the job have direct, indirect or shared accountability?
- Directly responsible for the monitoring and maintenance of all finished goods and stock balances and ensuring they are as accurate as possible at all times.
- Directly responsible for highlighting to the business aged stock and in seeking despatch avenues for those products.
- Indirectly responsible for ensuring that stock losses in outside storages are known and recovered from Third Party Service providers.
- Accountable for the control of stock conversion through company systems.
- Arranging the disposal of both packaging and finished goods through internal and/or external sources.
What are the limits of authority in the job? At what point are decisions referred upwards?
- Authority to carry out stock adjustments on finished goods stocks with the written approval of the of Logistics Manager
THE IDEAL CANDIDATE
Will have the following skill set:
- PC literate with exceptional “Microsoft excel” knowledge
- Must have experience in Goods in/ Despatch
- Food industry experience working with short shelf life products.
- Excellent communication and people skills.
- Characteristics including accuracy, pragmatism, good organisation, systematic and must be able to operate effectively in a high pressure environment.
- Reliable, strong work ethic, keen to learn and to help develop processes and systems.
- Experienced working with Microsoft Navision as an ERP system
- Experience in starting up / putting in place ERP / MRP systems for the first time in an organisation, i.e. building the model.
This is a great opportunity to play of crucial role within this Award Winning, £42m turnover and still growing business so to send your CV please click on the APPLY NOW button