As a key part of our Corporate Social Responsibility policy our joint Managing Director sits on the board of the local Business in the Community partnership and as a result an exciting dual-role opportunity has become available.
Blackpool and the Fylde coast partnership is an initiative under the umbrella of Business in the Community to regenerate the area. It is an ambitious programme involving national and local advocates. A Project Manager is required to establish and run a Born and Bred Group.
The right candidate will be bright, enthusiastic and organised, who enjoys working with a diverse set of stakeholders. The role is based in our Blackpool Town Centre Office and will include some local travel and very occasionally some national travel to London.
- Help establish and manage a Born and Bred Group
- Liaise between Board / Born & Bred Chair / Andy Charles
- Provide Secretariat to Born & Bred Chair / Andy Charles
- Research, investigate and unearth people for Born and Bred and collate that data
- Use networks of local ambassadors and alumni networks to support research
- Recruit local Ambassadors to Born & Bred and work with them to achieve objectives
- Co-ordinate and organise messages to local and national ambassadors
- Keep the network ‘alive’ with energy, providing relevant and inspiring communications
- Support Inward Investment opportunities and organise ambassador attendance
- Source venues for meetings from our Members
This will be a split role with two days supporting the Board and Bred project and three days based at Laila’s assisting with a number of tasks in the HR, marketing and recruitment teams so will be an ideal position for the right candidate to experience a challenging role within the not for profit and thriving FMCG sectors.
- Able to connect on diverse levels with public, voluntary and private sector stakeholders
- Relationship building is critical
- Influencing without any positional power
- Need to be organised
- Tenacity to keep going when it gets tough
For more information or to send your CV for consideration please fill in the contact form below.